Our Curry Gravy Meatball recipe has been a long-time favorite entree of both students and foodservice staff. It's easy to prepare and pairs well with pasta, potatoes or cilantro rice.
Serving size: 3 meatballs
1 serving provides 1.5 oz equivalent meat/meat alternate
300 Turkey Meatballs (Jennie O 639930)
1/8 c + 1 T + 1 t Chicken Base (Stouffers 00074826240049 / Custom Culinary 1171ECFPZ)
7-1/4 c + 1 T + 2 t Water
1 T generic curry powder
1 t generic onion powder
5.5 lbs sliced frozen carrots (USDA 100352)
Cooking method: standard oven, 4” deep full hotel pan
1. Blend base & water to make chicken stock.
2. Place thawed meatballs into the pan.
3. Add broth, carrots & spices and mix well.
4. Wrap pan with plastic wrap & tinfoil.
HACCP: Keep cooled below 41° until ready to cook.
5. Preheat oven to 325° (if using a convection oven, decrease temp by 25° to 50°)
6. Heat until entrée reaches 165° or above, hold above 135° until end of service.
7. Serve each student 3 meatballs each.
Creditable products: Product#: Jennie O 639930
3 each, credits as 1.5 meat/meat alternative