Tools and resources to help you be more successful
The NutriStudents K-12® system is a self-operated foodservice platform helping schools efficiently manage their USDA-compliant programs and make them better than ever. It combines:
Over 100 total weeks of USDA-compliant menus
- A variety of student-favorites as well as ethnically and geographically oriented meals.
- Including complete, scalable recipes, and verification reports, calendar menu reports, food production reports and HHKFA checklists.
- Every menu meets all the current federal guidelines and will be refined when necessary to meet all future guidelines.
- Menu weeks can be used in any order and are easily integrated into your existing menu rotation to ensure students continue to get their favorite meals while exploring what might be their new favorites.
Time and money-saving efficiency tools
- Breakfast Menu Builder – With a few clicks of a mouse, foodservice directors can build customized monthly breakfast menus – with accompanying promotional calendars and Food Production Records – for the entire school year.
- Streamlined Market Basket– A market basket of less than 600 items eases inventory management and ordering, helps save on food costs and reduces waste.
- Downloadable Food Production Reports– Each menu week includes corresponding food production reports on which staff can write in the daily quantities served, amounts left over and any conditions that may have affected participation for a given day. This is greatly simplified from the manual reports many districts currently use.
- DataBites inventory and order management system – Foodservice directors can place distributor orders in a few clicks using our proprietary DataBites system. Simply choose a menu week, enter your lunch count, record current inventory levels and the system auto-populates the quantity of each item to order. Send your order to your distributor sales rep by clicking the email button within the system.
- USDA Commodity Forecasting Calculator to help districts forecast, manage and incorporate commodity foods to their fullest extent to maximize cost savings and minimize waste.
- Downloadable training manual, based on federal standards.
- Tutorial videos offering tips on offer vs. serve, food production reports, preparing for an audit, etc.
- Downloadable Administrative Review preparation packet and checklist.
- Cafeteria posters.
- Offer vs. serve background and presentations.
- Pictorial Menus for standard, 4-day and 7-day lunch menus help convey our menu variety while helping foodservice staff to present meals in a visually appealing manner
- Nutrislice web and mobile app is an optional enhancement, which can help you promote school meals in a manner that entices participation.
- Cafeteria Connection Parents’ Newsletter – Customizable to districts, this newsletter helps educate parents on the vibrancy and healthfulness of school meal programs.
- Promotional Calendar Creator, which allows districts to auto-populate a promotional calendar based on the NutriStudents K-12 menu weeks they choose for the month.
- Single-Day Menu Posters
- Digital Display Images
 Menu certification verified by NUTRIKIDS.
 Certain regulatory details may vary by state and are the responsibility of the districts to know and abide by.