Menus, tools and resources to help you succeed
The NutriStudents K-12® system is a self-operated system helping schools efficiently manage USDA-compliant foodservice programs and make them better than ever. Our entire system has been built around the needs of time-starved foodservice directors. We continue to expand our menus, tools and resources based on feedback from directors like you. It combines:
45 weeks of USDA-compliant, student-approved NSLP and CACFP lunch menus
- A variety of student-favorites as well as ethnically and geographically oriented meals.
- Each includes complete, scalable recipes, and verification reports, calendar menu reports, food production reports and HHFKA checklists.
- Every menu meets all the current federal guidelines and will be refined when necessary to meet all future guidelines.
- Menu weeks can be used in any order and are easily integrated into your existing menu rotation to ensure students continue to get their favorite meals while exploring what might be their new favorites.
Time and money-saving efficiency tools
- Breakfast Menu Builder – With a few clicks of a mouse, you can build customized monthly breakfast menus – with accompanying promotional calendars and Food Production Reports – for the entire school year.
- Streamlined Market Basket – A market basket of less than 600 items eases inventory management and ordering while helping save on food costs and reducing waste.
- Downloadable Food Production Reports – Each menu week includes corresponding food production reports on which staff can write in the daily quantities served, amounts left over and any conditions that may have affected participation for a given day. This is greatly simplified from the manual reports many districts currently use.
- Digitally Editable Food Production Report Template – For those days when you serve a meal not on a NutriStudents K-12 menu, you can use our digitally editable Food Production Report template to record required information for each item offered.
- USDA Commodity Forecasting Calculator to help you forecast, manage and incorporate commodity foods to their fullest extent to maximize cost savings and minimize waste.
- Tutorial videos offering tips on offer vs. serve, food production reports, preparing for an audit, etc.
- Downloadable Administrative Review preparation packet and checklist.
- Cafeteria posters.
- Offer vs. serve background and presentations.
- Pictorial Menus for standard, 4-day and 7-day lunch menus to help promote menus while helping foodservice staff to present meals in a visually appealing manner.
- Cafeteria Connection Parents’ Newsletter – Customizable to districts, this newsletter helps educate parents on the vibrancy and healthfulness of school meal programs.
- Promotional Calendar Creator, which allows you to auto-populate a promotional calendar based on the NutriStudents K-12 menu weeks you choose for the month.
- Single-Day Menu Posters
- Digital Display Images
Download our Overview Flyer
 Menu certification verified by NUTRIKIDS.
 Certain regulatory details may vary by state and are the responsibility of the districts to know and abide by.