Job Description: Marketing Manager
Who We Are
NutriStudents K-12 is a web-based, self-operated software platform that helps foodservice directors run profitable and efficient, USDA-compliant child nutrition programs with a 45-week rotation of student-approved lunch menus and behind-the-lines productivity tools.
This first-to-market SaaS company licenses its platform to school districts, residential treatment centers, after-school enrichment programs and more. We have strong, exclusive strategic partnerships with nationally recognized industry leaders, a highly effective marketing communications and social media engine, and a dedicated and skilled internal sales, R&D and client services staff. With the upcoming launch of a redesigned system, we are now poised to disrupt the K-12 foodservice marketplace and expand our national footprint among child nutrition programs that have a critical need for this service.
NutriStudents K-12 was established to extend nationally the expertise and intellectual property of CKC Good Food®, a Twin Cities-based school meal catering company specializing in delicious nutritious meals that kids love. Founded in 1990, the company has grown to serve more than 110 public charter and private schools, daycare centers and nonprofit organizations in the Minneapolis/Saint Paul metropolitan market. Each regular school day, CKC provides over 30,000 breakfasts, lunches, after-school snacks and dinners meeting federal nutritional guidelines for children.
We are seeking an experienced marketing professional to join the NutriStudents K-12 team to manage our brands, increase our visibility, partner with our sales teams to effectively nurture leads from prospect to close, and build engagement and loyalty among clients. The marketing manager will be a key member of our management team, reporting directly to the president.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Brand manager: Protect the integrity of the company’s brand.
- Sales support: Work with director of sales to develop and implement lead-generation activities, including managing email marketing and web content for quarterly sales campaigns.
- Trade show marketing: Support the sales team’s presence/participation in national and regional trade shows.
- Client relations: Work with director of client relations to inform clients of system enhancements and industry news while positioning the company as a knowledgeable colleague to help them address challenges.
- Media relations: Write and distribute news releases, as needed; initiate targeted pitches as warranted.
- Copywriting: Be the primary creator of client emails, sales emails, monthly digital and PDF newsletter, monthly Cafeteria Connection parents’ newsletter.
- Print Ad Campaigns: Review, select, create copy and manage occasional ad opportunities in national trade or market-specific regional media.
- Social media: Collaborate with social media contractor to effectively use each of our social channels for maximum exposure and engagement.
- SEO and Digital Marketing: Manage contractors/vendors of ongoing SEO and digital ad/geofencing campaigns to further expand our marketing reach. Provide written and digital ad content on a regular basis.
- Utility player: Support other NutriStudents K-12 staff with communications such as developing video scripts, writing/editing users’ instructions or toolkit contents, building out website pages, etc.
- Participate in staff meetings, either remotely or in-person.
- Provide weekly activity report of measurable KPIs, challenges and opportunities.
What It Takes
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, public relations or related field.
- Minimum of five years of experience in marketing communications.
- Demonstrated ability to meet or exceed goals.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient in use of social media and email marketing platforms, graphic design and website programs.
- Experience in K-12 and/or foodservice a plus.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and work under stress with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work effectively and produce optimal results within budget constraints of a self-funded lean startup.
- Must be a strong team player.
- An understanding of a start-up environment in which all team members contribute to mission-critical priorities outside their primary responsibilities.
What We Offer
- Generous compensation package.
- Corporate profit-sharing plan.
- Chance to strengthen skill set in multiple marketing disciplines.
- Opportunity to be a part of growing a company that positively impacts kids’ and foodservice professional’s lives.
- May choose to work in Twin Cities office or from home.
- Flexible PTO.
- Annual professional development opportunities.
- Health insurance coverage.
- Matching 401K Plan.
- Be part of synergistic high-energy team with passion for service.
Interested candidates, please email cover letter and resume to Eldon Brustuen, President of NutriStudents K-12, Eldon@NutriStudentsK-12.com.