5 Creative Ways to Celebrate #NSBW23
National School Breakfast Week is just around the corner (March 6-10th, 2023). It is a great opportunity to promote healthy eating habits and create excitement around school breakfast,
If you’re looking for fun and creative ways to celebrate the importance of breakfast on student health and academic achievement and not to mention the incredible dollar value and time saving factor, look no further!
- Taste Testing: Offer students the chance to try new breakfast foods they may not have had before. Set up a taste testing station in the cafeteria, featuring items like smoothie bowls, yogurt parfaits, and whole-grain pancakes.
- Nutrition Education: Provide nutrition education sessions during breakfast time. This can be done by featuring educational posters, hosting a nutrition speaker, or having the school nurse or dietitian give a talk on the importance of a healthy breakfast. Send home the latest issue of Cafeteria Connection, our free parent newsletter, highlighting the benefits of school breakfast.
- Breakfast with Guests: Invite community leaders or local celebrities to join students for breakfast. This can be a great opportunity to show off your school's healthy breakfast offerings and create excitement around National School Breakfast Week.
- Breakfast Bingo: Create a fun game of breakfast bingo, where students can mark off healthy breakfast options on their bingo cards as they enjoy their meal.
- School Breakfast Photo Booth: Set up a simple selfie station using our photo prop printables. Arrange for a photographer to take pictures or simply invite everyone to take selfies. Share in on the fun! Use hashtag #NSBW23 to join in all the National School Breakfast Week fun or tag NutriStudents K-12 (Instagram @menufreedom) – we'd love to see how you're celebrating. Be sure to follow your school’s policies on taking and sharing pictures of students at school events.